In its pursuit for educational excellence through quality enhancement and improvement, UA&P continues to submit voluntarily its academic programs in the undergraduate and graduate levels for evaluation by the Commission on Higher Education (CHED) and by external accrediting agencies such as the Philippine Association of Colleges and Universities – Commission on Accreditation (PACUCOA).
In September 2015, UA&P submitted itself to CHED’s Institutional Sustainability Assessment (ISA), from which UA&P received a perfect rating. The University’s performance in the following five (5) key results areas were assessed:
- Governance and management (including management of resources);
- Quality teaching and learning (including competency, programs and faculty);
- Quality of professional exposure, research and creative work (including linkages);
- Support for students (including learning resources and support structures), and;
- Relations with the community (including extra-curricular linkages, service learning, outreach).
On May 16, 2016, CHED granted UA&P Deregulated Status for a period of three (3) years. It also awarded the School of Education and Human Development’s Teachers’ Training Program as Center of Development for three (3) years.
To date, 88% of the total number of graduate programs have Level III reaccredited (RA) status with one program under Level II RA status. Eight (8) or 58% of the total number of undergraduate (UG) programs have been accredited, with the Liberal Arts Program having been awarded Level III first reaccredited status. Five (5) generally new and accreditable UG programs will submit themselves for consultancy visit next school year.
Three graduate programs of the School of Economics were cited by PACUCOA for being the first graduate programs designed for working professionals involved in corporate planning, economics research and general management to have been granted Level III reaccredited status in NCR and in the Philippines. These are the Master of Science in Industrial Economics, Master in Applied Economics, and Master in Business Economics.
The University has likewise earned international credits from Global Reporting Initiative (GRI), an Amsterdam-based international independent organization that provides the world’s widely used standards on sustainability reporting and disclosure. UA&P’s Sustainability Report has gained the following outstanding record for UA&P:
- UA&P is the first academic institution in Southeast Asia to have produced a Sustainability Report.
- It is the first university in Asia to produce a report that is ‘In Accordance’ with the Global Reporting Initiative or GRI G4 Guidelines – Comprehensive option that is externally assured and which successfully completed the GRI Materiality Disclosures Service.
- UA&P is also the only university that included a fourth perspective—academic performance—in its sustainability report that is in keeping with the University mandate to be socially relevant and responsive to the needs of its stakeholders.
To access the sustainability report, use this link under the GRI Sustainability Disclosure Database: http://database.globalreporting.org/reports/37990/
On May 18, 2017, UA&P was awarded Autonomous Status by CHED. This is valid from May 2017 to May 31, 2019.
PACUCOA/FAAP Accreditation Certificates
- Business Administration Program
- Economics Program
- Entrepreneurial Management Program
- Information Technology Program
- Integrated Marketing Communications Program
- Liberal Arts Program
- MA Communication Program
- MA Political Economy Program
- Master in Applied Business Economics Program
- Master of Arts in Education Program
- MS Industrial Economics Program
- MS Management Program
- Political Economy Program