For teachers and other professionals interested in pursuing graduate studies and specializing in early childhood education.
- Master in Education, major in Child Development and Education (Non-thesis)
- Master of Arts in Education, major in Child Development and Education (Thesis)
The program seeks to form early childhood educators and specialists (preschool and primary school teachers and administrators, child development consultants, and researchers) who can effectively blend theory and practice in creating positive learning opportunities and experiences for young children to promote their total development. The MAE-CDE curriculum thus intertwines four areas of learning: foundational subjects, psychology, specialization subjects, and research.
The program leads to a degree of Master of Arts in Education Major in Child Development and Education (MAE-CDE) for thesis track and Master in Education Major in Child Development and Education for non-thesis track. Participants can complete the program in two years without having to give up or be released from their jobs. They must earn 39 units (33 units of coursework and 6 units of action research or thesis writing) to be eligible for graduation.
- Educational Research
- Educational Statistics
- Philosophy of Education
- Child and Adolescent Development
- Psychology of Teaching and Learning
- Assessment and Evaluation of Young Learners
- Theories and Approaches in ECE
- Early Childhood Special Education
- Curriculum and Instruction
- Organization and Management of Early Childhood Programs
- Work and Society
- Thesis Writing I & II / Research Seminar I & II
Applicants shall pay the admission processing fee (PhP 500) at the UA&P Accounting Office and shall submit the following documents:
- Accomplished Application Form
- Two Recommendation Forms
- Official Transcript of Records
- Two 1.5 x 1.5′ and two 1 x1′ ID pictures
- Letter of application addressed to the Program Director
- Essay on the purpose of study
All applicants are required to take the Graduate Level Test administered by the Center for Educational Measurement (CEM) in Makati City and undergo an interview in person.
Scholarships will be awarded to qualified applicants.
For more information, you may download the MA in Education brochure here.
School of Education and Human Development
7th Floor, APEC Communications Building
University of Asia and the Pacific
Ortigas Center, Pasig City
Trunk line: 637-0912 loc. 378 or 271