2. Submit Scholarship Form together with the other required documents for admission.
3. The list of documents required for a Merit/Financial/Athletic Scholarship must also be submitted.
The Financial Aid grant is open only to students whose family’s gross annual income is less than P800,000.00.
For those who do not file income tax returns (whether they are unemployed or self-employed, with a business earning not more than Php100,000.00 annually), a certificate of tax exemption (which can be obtained from the BIR district office)Recommendation form (to be filled out by a teacher or counselor who knows the student and his/her family circumstances well.
All the requirements need to be complete in order to be able to facilitate the processing of the Scholarship/Financial Aid application.
Scholars and financial aid recipients are chosen on the basis of the results of the applicants’ entrance exam, their high school academic performance, and their financial status.
The University also gives financial assistance to Filipino students who meet certain criteria. The grant covers up to 100% of tuition fees plus stipend. Provincial grantees may also be given board and lodging allowance. The grant is renewable every year and is premised on continued financial need. It may continue up to the graduate level.
- Financial need, as attested to by the family’s finances, specifically if the family’s gross annual income is less than Php 800,000.00
- Academic competence: a high school average of at least 85%
- Positive interview evaluation
- Assistantship: Financial aid grantees must render some hours of student assistantship in a unit of the University to which one may be assigned for one school year. The number of hours to be rendered depends on the percentage of the grant awarded to the student.
The Athletic Scholarships are awarded to student-athletes who excel in sports and academics. It is awarded to outstanding athletes, both currently enrolled in the University and newly- recruited, upon the endorsement and recommendation of the Center for Student Affairs (CSA) and approval of the Scholarship Committee. Student-athletes may enjoy partial (50 %) to full discounts (100%) on tuition fee and/or fees waived for one academic year (i.e., two continuous semesters) and may apply for renewal of the scholarship every year thereafter, provided maintenance requirements are complied with.
- Met the High School General Weighted Average (GWA) requirement
- Passed any of the subtests in the UA&P Admissions Test
- Has not been subjected to any disciplinary action
- Athlete’s portfolio screened by the CSA SportsDev
Scholarship forms can also be found in the Application Process page. Scholarship grantees will be sent a letter of confirmation.