The University of Asia and the Pacific (UA&P) Child Development and Education (CDE) Center is a preschool teaching and classroom research laboratory of the School of Education and Human Development (SED). It provides a learning environment that promotes the integral development of its students and faculty.
Goals for the Children
- To help the children become persons of strong and upright character
- To guide the children toward understanding the effects of their actions and to help them become responsible for the consequences of their actions
- To help the children become independent and self-motivated
- To guide the children toward acquiring pro-social behavior
- To teach the children basic academic skills
The UA&P CDE Center views every child as:
- unique with his own temperament, talents, and skills;
- an active learner who best learn when provided with concrete and meaningful materials and experience; and
- naturally curious and loves to explore.
Children have varied learning styles and have the capability of developing different basic school skills. To accommodate different styles, the CDE Center offers time for variety of activities — group and individualized work — throughout the day.
Since children learn holistically, the CDE Center provides learning opportunities in all domains of their development.
The content areas included in the curriculum are Reading, Language, Mathematics, Science, and Filipino. Lessons evolve around monthly themes. The learning competencies under different content areas are integrated into the themes.
The CDE Center with its faculty and staff commit themselves to this four-fold mission:
- Provide learning opportunities that promote children’s physical, cognitive, socio-emotional, and character development;
- Deliver professional training for early childhood educators in the areas of teaching, assessment, supervision of young children, and research in early childhood education;
- Work in partnership with parents to ensure children’s development in all domains; and
- Carry out continuing parenting education.
Only children ages 2 and 6 are accepted for admission in the CDE Center. To be eligible for admission, a child must be 2 years old prior to the start of classes.
- Parents are encouraged to have a site visit in the CDE Center to be familiar with the CDE Center’s educational philosophy, curriculum, learning environment as well as important details like tuition fees and class schedules.
- Registration requires the completion of the enrollment form, submission of requirements, and payment of reservation fee (PhP 10,000). Payment of tuition fee may be made in full or installment.
- Parents are required to attend the orientation before the first day of class. In-depth discussion of the curriculum, educational activities, and other significant information shall be undertaken.
The enrollment forms and other informational materials may be downloaded here.
For inquiries, you may call 634-2828 or 637-0912 loc. 271/220.