The University of Asia and the Pacific (UA&P) Child Development and Education (CDE) Center is a preschool teaching and classroom research laboratory of the School of Education and Human Development (SED). It provides a learning environment that promotes the integral development of its students and faculty.
Goals for the Children
- To help the children become persons of strong and upright character
- To guide the children toward understanding the effects of their actions and to help them become responsible for the consequences of their actions
- To help the children become independent and self-motivated
- To guide the children toward acquiring pro-social behavior
- To teach the children basic academic skills
The UA&P CDE Center views every child as:
- unique with his own temperament, talents, and skills;
- an active learner who best learn when provided with concrete and meaningful materials and experience; and
- naturally curious and loves to explore.
Children have varied learning styles and have the capability of developing different basic school skills. To accommodate different styles, the CDE Center offers time for variety of activities — group and individualized work — throughout the day.
Since children learn holistically, the CDE Center provides learning opportunities in all domains of their development.
The content areas included in the curriculum are Reading, Language, Mathematics, Science, and Filipino. Lessons evolve around monthly themes. The learning competencies under different content areas are integrated into the themes.